Thursday, September 08, 2005

What I would have been doing, in my old life

Am I a teacher? Or was I a teacher?
Do I coordinate a service-learning program? Or did I coordinate a service-learning program?

How is it that my days feel busy enough, even though I am doing absolutely none of the things that are in my plan book?

A sampling of currently irrelevant things from my plan book. This is some of the hardest stuff for me to look at because I had so many GOOD things to do! And this is only what I had scheduled in so far. In reality, so much more would have been happening each day. I would have been working on a finance curriculum, working with my two new mentees, helping my students and advisees. It's so hard to look at this and realize that it is all completely irrelevant. And to realize that even though I would have been really busy, and working long hours, that I really loved what I was doing! I had been having such a great school year!

8/29
- Put together 7th service-learning binders
- Meet with a colleague about a third/fourth grade service-learning curriculum and partnership
- Meet with Upper School Science Olympiad team
- Teach 8th graders

8/30
- Service-Learning training for 7th grade
- meet with heads about strategic design curriculum program
- finish sampling activity with 8th grade, work on field notebook and review
- Diversity club meeting
- Meet with a tutor of one of my students to discuss good strategies for her
- create a quiz

8/31
- Make new cycle sheets (new information sheets for students)
- Give quiz
- Meet with a junior about her independent service-learning project
- carpool duty
- get ready for field trip

9/1
- Field trip to Audubon Park with one 8th grade section -- we would have been learning about water quality, sampling invertebrates, tree and bird ID, field notebook activities with the art teacher, etc., etc.

9/2
-- Field trip to Audubon Park with the other 8th grade section
- evening meeting with my new Teach For America teachers
-- middle school Science Olympiad practice
-- make Care Across Campus binders

Ok. I am done wallowing in my past life. But how very very strange it is to have this irrelevant past life. And how difficult it is to figure out my current life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home